Digital Rock Physics for Shale Plays: From Whole Core to Pore Space
The nanometer-scale features and heterogeneities that make up the transport mechanisms in oil and gas shale pose a major challenge to physical core analysis tests. Using key, patented technology, Ingrain provides special core analysis services (SCAL) that helps maximize hydrocarbon recovery and reduce risk in technically challenging reservoirs.
The ShalePay™ Advantage
- Characterize rock types and flow units
- Quickly optimize the number and location of core plugs for advanced rock properties analysis
- Nanometer-scale 3D imaging of pores and matrix.
- Simulate fluid flow through the pore space using computational fluid dynamics method.
- Characterize pore space & organic matter
Ingrain has experience with the following shale plays: